- Overview : The reporter will be tasked with sourcing and writing news/ analysis, features and interviews about high level technology trends, and how these are impacting businesses across the globe. An accomplished writer, candidates should be enthusiastic, hard-working, and quick learners with a passion for getting the most interesting interviewees or breaking exclusive news. Though experience in writing about technology is a plus, it is not needed so long as the reporter is keen to learn about this exciting field.
- Responsibilities :
- The ability to source, pitch and write several stories each day, with a strong understanding of digital journalism and the needs of a fast-paced newsroom.
- Research and write original stories and features.
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends.
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard.
- Work with the editor to ensure your work meets house style.
- Some travel to events and conferences and will have the opportunity to interview top C-Level executives at some of the world's biggest companies.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
- Adept at monitoring social media and Google trends to find and identify stories and topics of interest for a B2B audience.
- Requirements :
- Familiarity with a CMS system such as WordPress is advantageous, but not required as full training will be given. The role will also involve some light subbing
- 1-3 years of experience as a Reporter
- Passion about creating and writing interesting stories
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Degree in journalism or relevant field
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to research, gather and edit news
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news and trends
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace : At iResearch, we hear, acknowledge and value the point of views of our diverse workforce. Our strong belief is to create and encourage a supportive workplace where in individuals feel free to be themselves at work and have the freedom, they require to meet their personal needs. We aspire to remove all kinds of barriers/roadblocks for all our employees, especially barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
- What's in it for you? Our Benefits : Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), life cover, medical cover (employee + family), enhanced maternity & paternity packages, uncapped earnings, welfare & wellbeing, subsidised gym memberships and Giving back for social good opportunities which you can read at Giving for Good Foundation.
Accelerate your Career
Browse our open positions to see how best you can leverage your talents and skills to work with us. We would love to see what success we can create together.Explore Opportunities
Stay in the Loop
From career insights to industry-related news, we share it all. Follow us across our social media pages, and read our blogs to stay updated on current best practices, get actionable insights, and a ton of valuable, free resources.Read our blogs
We want to know more about your skills and experiences. That way, we only send you the positions that you are a strong fit for.Sign up for job alerts