It’s an exciting time for thought leadership agency iResearch Services as we are enjoying significant international growth. We are expanding our Editorial function with a variety of brand-new roles, including a key requirement for a Data Journalist & Editorial Innovation Researcher, who will divide their time between these two functions. This role is for someone who is passionate about data-driven storytelling, journalism, and staying at the forefront of editorial innovation. We are looking for someone who is both an analytical and creative thinker to take ownership of this new role. This person will be placed within and work closely with the Editorial team. They will also collaborate with clients, vendors and other teams – notably, Research Operations, Sales and Marketing – on client and marketing/communications projects. About iResearch Services iResearch Services is a global B2B thought leadership and marketing agency headquartered in London, United Kingdom. We supercharge growth through the fusion of data-driven insight, expert guidance and strategic activation. Research is at the heart of everything we do, which is why our evidence-based research knowledge empowers global brands across industry sectors to connect with their audiences, to build digital trust and, in return, be respected as thought leaders. We provide enterprise companies and their executives with unparalleled, innovative insights, helping them to generate demand, build influence, and enhance credibility. Our proprietary research methodologies and innovative technologies ensure our insights are independent, objective, and bespoke. Our all-encompassing service, from research to thought leadership and lead generation, has made us the partner of choice for the world’s biggest brands.
• Identifying and tracking key data sources to collect relevant data for analysis and reporting.
• Analyzing data sets and applying statistical methods to uncover meaningful insights and trends in the media landscape.
• Creating compelling data visualizations, infographics, and interactive content to communicate research findings effectively.
• Collaborating with our team of editors and writers produce high-quality data-driven reports, articles, and thought leadership pieces.
• Participating in client engagements, including presenting research findings and participating in advisory sessions.
• Supporting Thought Society™, our innovation hub.
• Conducting in-depth research on editorial innovation trends, practices, and emerging technologies in the media industry.
• Collaborating with our team to develop research methodologies and frameworks for analyzing and evaluating editorial innovations.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with industry experts, thought leaders, and key stakeholders to gain insights and access to valuable information.
• Monitoring and curating relevant news and developments in the industry to inform research and stay updated on emerging trends.
• 3+ years of proven experience in data journalism.
• Strong knowledge of data analysis techniques, statistical methods, and visualization tools.
• Desired proficiency in using data analysis and visualization software such as Excel, Tableau, R, or Python.
• Excellent research and analytical skills, with the ability to extract insights from complex datasets.
• Familiarity with editorial and industry trends, innovations, and challenges.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information into clear and engaging content.
• Creativity and a keen eye for design, with the ability to present data and research findings in visually appealing and accessible formats.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
• A self-driven and proactive approach, with a passion for continuous learning and keeping up with industry advancements.
• Experience in an innovation space is desired but not required.
Please provide a portfolio link, or three samples of relevant published work that you have created.
At iResearch, we understand and profoundly empathize with our diverse workforce's unique perspectives and needs. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment where everyone feels truly valued and empowered to be their authentic selves. Our goal is to create a workplace free from any barriers, particularly those faced by underrepresented groups, and empower all our employees to reach their full potential. We are passionate about promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do.
Our benefits may vary depending on the employee's location but rest assured; we strive to offer the best perks and an inclusive environment to support your professional growth no matter where you are. From generous annual leave allowances and flexible working options to life and medical cover for you and your family, enhanced maternity and paternity packages, uncapped earning potential, hybrid working and opportunities to give back to the community through our Giving for Good Foundation. We are committed to making sure our employees are taken care of and feel valued.
Secondary Research, Editorial Research, Qualitative Interviews